Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by providing high-quality, refurbished technology products that promote the circular economy.

Contact our team

Creating a Sustainable Future

We believe that technology should be accessible to everyone. We make that possible by offering reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible products that reduce electronic waste (e-waste).

What is Circularity

Circularity is a closed-loop economic model that keeps resources in use for as long as possible. Reusing, repurposing, and recycling materials and products reduces waste and pollution, while creating new business opportunities and economic benefits.

The Importance of Circularity

E-waste is one of the fastest-growing waste streams in the world. In 2019 alone, the world produced 53.6 million metric tons of electronic waste, with only 17.4% of it being recycled. The remaining 82.6% ended up in landfills or incinerators, which release toxic chemicals into the environment. The scale of the problem is worrying.

  • 2bn

    phones sold annually

  • 81%

    of the negative environmental impact of phones comes from manufacturing *

  • 50

    different elements are found in the average phone

  • 3190

    gallons of water is needed to manufacture a single smart phone **

  • 76.5kg

    of CO2 is created during the manufacture and transport of an iPhone *

  • 150m

    million smartphones reach landfills every year*

The Solution

Alchemy’s business model is based on circularity. Some businesses and consumers will want brand-new tech products, and these devices are the starting point for a circular market. By providing a robust trade-in program with powerful trade-in values, then refurbishing these devices, we save the planet’s resources, aid global reduction of e-waste, add green jobs to the market, and promote responsible consumption. The facts speak for themselves:

  • 5m

    devices given a second life

  • 11.8bn

    gallons of water saved

  • 380k

    tonnes of Co2 saved

You can find out more about our services and how they support tech circularity here

Our Services

Untapped Potential

Despite the market demand for used and refurbished devices increasing, just 11% of smartphones sold globally are refurbished. The secondary market is growing fast and the benefits of a global transition to a tech circular economy are endless. In addition to the more obvious environmental benefits, it also carries economic and human gains.

  • 18m

    sustainable jobs created globally by 2030

  • 90%

    reduction of waste sent to landfills by 2030

  • 1.8tn

    economic benefit to Europe by 2030

Everyone can help create a sustainable future

Companies can buy refurbished laptops and mobile phones instead of new devices. This will reduce costs, contribute to a company’s sustainability goals by providing a measurable impact on the amount of Co2 saved, and reduced water usage.

Individuals can buy refurbished tech. From your phone and laptop to your smartwatch, you can buy high-quality refurbs of the latest or older models. By purchasing refurbished, consumers can often buy a higher-spec product from a more trusted brand rather than a new, inferior product for the same or similar price. You can save money and know you’re making a positive, measurable contribution to sustainability.

Investors can back companies that prioritize sustainability and a circularity business model - as well as look for opportunities to fund initiatives that benefit the circular economy.

loop-logoExplore our range of refurbished tech

Circularity is not just a fad, it’s a real solution to a real problem and Alchemy is proud to be at the forefront of this movement. We believe that working together can create a more sustainable future for all. Get in touch to find out more and how you can contribute.

Alchemy ranked in Deloitte Technology Fast 50